Photo Credit: Celeste
Happy Halloween everyone!
I’ve tried to remain a mysterious shadow behind this blog since its birth. Readers must surely ask, “Who is this person behind Buenos Aires?” I’ll tell you: she’s a thirty something, North American, Midwestern [section redacted].
Ricki of Diet, Dessert, and Dogs posted a “Six Random Things About Me” post in early October and tagged bloggers who might be game. Ricki used to be an English professor, and she can write. Well, it’s about time I divulged something about myself; although each time I try to write about myself, I think, “Don’t you want to hear about Buenos Aires?”
Six Random Things about the writer:
- I was my university mascot (a panther) and cheered football and basketball games. You would never know this by meeting me, as I’m quiet at first introduction. In high school, I also worked at a children’s bookstore where I dressed up as Winnie the Pooh, the Cat and the Hat, and one of the wild things from Where the Wild Things Are. I also dressed up as a giant swim safety fish for my local public pool.
- I was a part-time bartender at the local dive bar in Antarctica.
- I met Richard Simmons when I worked a temp job handing out name tags for a doll convention in my early twenties. When I approached him to get his autograph and a picture, he grabbed me by the waist and screamed, “Oh my god! Look at her waist! She looks like Scarlett O’Hara!” All of the women at the convention stopped to stare at me, and I never did get to explain my adoration for Richard. At least I got an awesome Polaroid, which is in storage and I will someday share with you.
- Harriet Beecher Stowe is my distant cousin.
- The only things I’ve won in life are a hamster from a pet store and a Vanessa Williams cassette tape of “Saved the Best for Last” from a radio station.
- I can sing, and I love to dance–one of my life goals is to star in a community musical. I can swing, salsa, polka, cha cha, merengue, and tango. My next dance will be blues dancing.
So, now it’s my turn to tag others; however, I’d like to do as Ricki did. Those of you who read this post are welcome to participate in the Six Random Things list. Here are the rules:
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on the blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your post.
- Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.